Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 cup (225 grams) pumpkin puree (roasted pumpkin works best for this recipe)
2 eggs, room temperature
3 egg yolks, room temperature
¼ cup (60 ml) cream
1 cup parmesan, grated PLUS extra to serve
Sea salt and pepper, to season
500 grams spaghetti
½ cup sage leaves
100 grams pancetta, thinly diced
1 garlic clove
Olive oil, to fry in
1. Place the pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolks, cream and parmesan into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Season with salt, add spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Carefully add sage leaves and cook for 10 seconds or until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Return the fry pan to low-medium heat. Add pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes, add garlic clove and cook for another minute. Remove garlic clove and discard. Add drained spaghetti to the pancetta oil mixture and toss to coat, allowing the spaghetti to absorb the flavoured oil.
5. Carefully pour the fry pan of spaghetti, pancetta and oil into the bowl containing the creamy pumpkin sauce and quickly toss to combine. Add pasta water as required to create a luscious creamy sauce.
6. To serve, place the spaghetti onto a serving platter and top with crispy sage leaves, a good grating of parmesan and a little black pepper.